Picture above is of Coach Potts and former Kansas City Royals outfielder David Lough (currently with the Philadelphia Phillies) on the field prior to a game during the 2009 season.
Coach Joseph Potts is a former collegiate and professional football player who is now the premier Sports Performance Coach in the Kansas City area. He has trained notable athletes such as NFL Pro Bowl receiver Tyreek Hill, European Professional Basketball MVP Kristina Stantiago, MLB 1st round draft picks Riley Pint and Alex Lange. His resume includes several years as a Strength & Conditioning Coach with the Kansas City Royals where he was the organization's Speed Development Specialist where, with his base-running methods in place the Royals' minor league system led baseball in total stolen bases in 2008 & 2009. The players from those teams have since helped the MLB team rank among the Top 10 in stolen bases consistently from 2010-2015.
Additionally he serves as the Strength & Conditioning Consultant to the several NCAA schools and high schools in the Kansas City metro area.
Coach Potts is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), a Corrective Exercise Specialist from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and a certified Nike SPARQ Trainer. He holds a degree in exercise science from the University of Kansas where he played for the KU Football team. He combines this knowledge of performance training and sports nutrition to help his clients achieve their full potential while maximizing sports performance and preventing injury.
Coaching history includes;
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (Football) - 2010 HAAC Champions, #4 National Ranking in the AFCA Coaches Poll
- Wilmington Blue Rocks - 2009 Carolina League Northern Division Champions
- Burlington Bee's - 2008 Midwest League Champions
- Idaho Falls Chukars - 2007 Pioneer League Western Division Champions
- Lawrence Free State High School Football - 2005 Sunflower League Champions
Additionally, Coach Potts has coordinated Nike Training events such as the;
- 2005 University of Kansas Baseball Top Prospect Invitational
- 2006 Lawrence Free State Nike Team SPARQ Challenge
- 2006, 2007 and 2008 University of Kansas Baseball Fall Showcases
No matter if you're an amateur athlete playing for your school and fun or a professional athlete playing for a paycheck, you will improve your athletic performance by working with Coach Potts at TopSpeed Strength & Conditioning.
In this picture Coach Potts times the University of Iowa's Christian Ballard, Ballard was named to the 2009 and 2010 All Big-Ten Football Team.
Coach Potts has had work published within YahooSports.com, STACK Magazine, Kansas City Fitness Magazine, Muscle & Strength Magazine and on ESPN.com